Thursday, March 1, 2012

Could Farming Be Illegal?

I have been doing research on homesteading or self sufficient off the grid living. It is a topic that has had my interest now for almost three years. I want to make a few points though. About six months to a year ago I heard about a food bill that would make it illegal to grow your own food to buy sell or trade. The name of that bill was H.R. 875 Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009. This came about due to the MASSIVE e coli outbreak that was having food companies recall millions of dollars in food. I have become interested in watching documentaries in the last six months and discovered Food Inc.. It is my conclusion after watching this that the commercial food industry was responsible for this problem. Cows are grazers, grass eaters. Corn is not in there diet. This documentary shows that commercial farmers feed there cows corn which in this film states it causes e coli in the stomachs (for those of you who don't know cows have more then one stomach).H.R.875 was not the only food bill though, congress changed the name to H.R.2749. The Senate had there own version, bill, H.R. 2751 which they changed to Bill s510. I have yet to discover any further information but my suggestion to those interested are keep an eye on this, contact your political establishment and let them know this is a violation of our individual freedoms and you are against this passing. I will be keeping tabs on this myself and updating my readers as information comes in. 'Till later ciao and happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate for Day X